Kidney Research UK: Volunteer peer educators
By establishing a volunteer peer educator scheme, this project is hoping to increase research engagement and involvement from ethnic minority and other under-served populations.
- Previous research has highlighted that certain communities are underrepresented in kidney-related research and that people from those communities are significantly more likely to progress to end-stage kidney disease.
- Target communities for this project include:
- socially deprived people of any ethnicity living in Salford
- Pakistani communities in Oldham
- Bengali communities in Rochdale.
This project is a collaboration between Kidney Research UK, Research for the Future, and the renal department at Salford Care Organisation (part of the Northern Care Alliance NHS Foundation Trust)