Resource and recognition
Repository of resources for Research for the Future including downloadable newsletters, leaflets, and posters.
- Promotional materials (including leaflets and posters)
- Research for the Future
- Help BEAT Diabetes
- Help BEAT Heart Disease
- Help BEAT Kidney Disease
- Help BEAT Respiratory Disease
- Information for researchers
- Awards and commendations
Promotional materials (including leaflets and posters)
To download copies of our posters and leaflets, just choose from the options below. If you would like hard copies of any promotional materials for distribution in your clinics, please contact the office.
Research for the Future
Help BEAT Diabetes
Help BEAT Heart Disease
Help BEAT Kidney Disease
Help BEAT Respiratory Disease
Information for researchers
- Information for researchers (leaflet) [v4, Feb 21]
- Registration card [v2, Feb 21]
- Developing a new ‘Help BEAT’ campaign [v1, Feb 20]
The Research for the Future newsletter is published twice a year – please click on the issue number to download.
- Issue #10, Autumn 2019
- Issue #9, Spring 2019
- Issue #8, Spring 2018
- Issue #7, Summer 2017
- Issue #1 to #6 [archive]
Awards and commendations
- NIHR CRN Greater Manchester Awards (2019) Best Public Engagement Contribution, Winner
- Quality in Care Diabetes Award (2019) Diabetes Collaboration Initiative of the Year (Adults), Highly Commended
- NIHR Digital Festival Awards (2019) Social Engagement Pioneer, Highly Commended
- NCA NHS Group Equality (2018) Diversity and Inclusion Champion Award, Runner-up
- NIHR CRN Greater Manchester Awards (2108) Public Engagement, Runner-up
- NIHR CRN Greater Manchester Awards (2017) Public Engagement, Runner-up
- NIHR Let’s Get Digital Awards (2017) Best Website, Winner
- Quality in Care Diabetes Awards (2016) Diabetes Collaboration Initiative of the Year, Highly Commended
- NIHR CRN Greater Manchester Awards (2016) Outstanding Contribution: Going the Extra Mile, Winner
- NIHR CRN Greater Manchester Awards (2016) Public Engagement, Winner
- NIHR CRN Greater Manchester Awards (2015) Research Impact, Runner-up
The following publications have recognised the contribution Research for the Future and their volunteers have made to the study. Where possible, we link to ‘open access’ journals that can be read online.
- McDiarmid, S., Harvie, M., Johnson, R., Vyas, A., Aglan, A., Moran, J., Ruane, H., Hulme, A., Sellers, K. and Issa, B. (2021). Intermittent Versus Continuous Low-Energy Diet in Patients With Type 2 Diabetes: Protocol for a Pilot Randomized Controlled Trial. JMIR Research Protocols, [online] 10(3), p.e21116.
- Stedman, M., Rea, R., Duff, C., Livingston, M., McLoughlin, K., Wong, L., Brown, S., Grady, K., Gadsby, R., Paisley, A., Fryer, A. and Heald, A. (2020). People with Type Diabetes Mellitus (T1DM) self-reported views on their own condition management reveal links to potentially improved outcomes and potential areas for service improvement. Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice, p.108479.
- Bartlett, Y.K., Farmer, A., Rea, R. and French, D.P. (2020). Use of Brief Messages Based on Behavior Change Techniques to Encourage Medication Adherence in People With Type 2 Diabetes: Developmental Studies. Journal of Medical Internet Research, [online] 22(5), p.e15989.
- Hassan, L., Dalton, A., Hammond, C. and Tully, M.P. (2020). A deliberative study of public attitudes towards sharing genomic data within NHS genomic medicine services in England. Public Understanding of Science, [online] p.096366252094213.
- Perazzolo, M., Reeves, N.D., Bowling, F.L., Boulton, A.J.M., Raffi, M. and Marple-Horvat, D.E. (2020). A new approach to identifying the effect of diabetic peripheral neuropathy on the ability to drive safely. Transportation Research Part F: Traffic Psychology and Behaviour, 69, pp.324–334.
- Stedman, M., Rea, R., Duff, C.J., Livingston, M., Brown, S., Grady, K., McLoughlin, K., Gadsby, R., Paisley, A., Fryer, A.A. and Heald, A.H. (2020). Self-Reported Views on Managing Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus. Journal of Diabetes Science and Technology, [online] p.193229682093777.
- Abbott, C.A., Chatwin, K.E., Foden, P., Hasan, A.N., Sange, C., Rajbhandari, S.M., Reddy, P.N., Vileikyte, L., Bowling, F.L., Boulton, A.J.M. and Reeves, N.D. (2019). Innovative intelligent insole system reduces diabetic foot ulcer recurrence at plantar sites: a prospective, randomised, proof-of-concept study. The Lancet Digital Health, 1(6), pp.e308–e318.
- Alrdahe, S., Al Sadoun, H., Torbica, T., McKenzie, E.A., Bowling, F.L., Boulton, A.J.M. and Mace, K.A. (2019). Dysregulation of macrophage development and phenotype in diabetic human macrophages can be rescued by Hoxa3 protein transduction. PLOS ONE, [online] 14(10), p.e0223980.
- Fletcher, B., Hinton, L., McManus, R. and Rivero-Arias, O. (2019). Patient preferences for management of high blood pressure in the UK: a discrete choice experiment. British Journal of General Practice, p.bjgp19X705101.
- Grady, K., Gibson, M. and Bower, P. (2019). Can a ‘consent to contact’ community help research teams overcome barriers to recruitment? The development and impact of the ‘Research for the Future’ community. BMC Medical Research Methodology, 19(1).
- Hindi, A. (2019). An investigation into the awareness, demand and use of community pharmacy services for people with long-term conditions. [online].
- Perazzolo, M., Reeves, N.D., Bowling, F.L., Boulton, A.J.M., Raffi, M. and Marple‐Horvat, D.E. (2019). Altered accelerator pedal control in a driving simulator in people with diabetic peripheral neuropathy. Diabetic Medicine.
- Petrovic, M., Maganaris, C.N., Deschamps, K., Verschueren, S.M., Bowling, F.L., Boulton, A.J.M. and Reeves, N.D. (2018). Altered Achilles tendon function during walking in people with diabetic neuropathy: implications for metabolic energy saving. Journal of Applied Physiology, 124(5), pp.1333–1340.
- Purewal, R. and Fisher, P.L. (2018). The contribution of illness perceptions and metacognitive beliefs to anxiety and depression in adults with diabetes. Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice, 136, pp.16–22.
- Reeves, N.D., Brown, S.J., Petrovic, M., Boulton, A.J.M. and Vileikyte, L. (2017). How Does Self-Perceived Unsteadiness Influence Balance and Gait in People With Diabetes? Preliminary Observations. Diabetes Care, 40(5), pp.e51–e52.
- Stevens, S.L. (2017). Improving cardiovascular risk prediction through more accurate and alternative methods of blood pressure measurement. [online] Ox.ac.uk.
- Stocks, S.J., Donnelly, A., Esmail, A., Beresford, J., Gamble, C., Luty, S., Deacon, R., Danczak, A., Mann, N., Townsend, D., Ashley, J., Bowie, P. and Campbell, S.M. (2018). Development and piloting of a survey to estimate the frequency and nature of potentially harmful preventable problems in primary care from a UK patient’s perspective. BMJ Open, 8(2), p.e017786.
- Petrovic, M., Deschamps, K., Verschueren, S.M., Bowling, F.L., Maganaris, C.N., Boulton, A.J.M. and Reeves, N.D. (2016). Is the metabolic cost of walking higher in people with diabetes? Journal of Applied Physiology (Bethesda, Md.: 1985), [online] 120(1), pp.55–62.