Resource and recognition
Repository of resources for Research for the Future including downloadable newsletters, leaflets and posters.
- Promotional materials (including leaflets and posters)
- Research for the Future
- Help BEAT Diabetes
- Help BEAT Heart Disease
- Help BEAT Kidney Disease
- Help BEAT Respiratory Disease
- Information sheets
- Awards and commendations
The Research for the Future newsletter is published twice a year – please click on the issue number to download.
- Issue #10, Autumn 2019
- Issue #9, Spring 2019
- Issue #8, Spring 2018
- Issue #7, Summer 2017
- Issue #1 to #6 [archive]
Promotional materials (including leaflets and posters)
To download copies of our posters and leaflets, just choose from the options below. If you would like hard copies of any promotional materials for distribution in your clinics, please contact the office.
Research for the Future
Help BEAT Diabetes
Help BEAT Heart Disease
Help BEAT Kidney Disease
Help BEAT Respiratory Disease
- Developing a new ‘Help BEAT’ campaign [v1, Feb 20]
Awards and commendations
- NIHR CRN Greater Manchester Awards (2019) Best Public Engagement Contribution, Winner
- Quality in Care Diabetes Award (2019) Diabetes Collaboration Initiative of the Year (Adults), Highly Commended
- NIHR Digital Festival Awards (2019) Social Engagement Pioneer, Highly Commended
- NCA NHS Group Equality (2018) Diversity and Inclusion Champion Award, Runner-up
- NIHR CRN Greater Manchester Awards (2108) Public Engagement, Runner-up
- NIHR CRN Greater Manchester Awards (2017) Public Engagement, Runner-up
- NIHR Let’s Get Digital Awards (2017) Best Website, Winner
- Quality in Care Diabetes Awards (2016) Diabetes Collaboration Initiative of the Year, Highly Commended
- NIHR CRN Greater Manchester Awards (2016) Outstanding Contribution: Going the Extra Mile, Winner
- NIHR CRN Greater Manchester Awards (2016) Public Engagement, Winner
- NIHR CRN Greater Manchester Awards (2015) Research Impact, Runner-up
The following publications have recognised the contribution Research for the Future and their volunteers have made to the study. Where possible, we link to ‘open access’ journals that can be read online.
- Bartlett, Y.K., Farmer, A., Rea, R. and French, D.P. (2020). Use of Brief Messages Based on Behavior Change Techniques to Encourage Medication Adherence in People With Type 2 Diabetes: Developmental Studies. Journal of Medical Internet Research, [online] 22(5), p.e15989.
- Abbott, C.A., Chatwin, K.E., Foden, P., Hasan, A.N., Sange, C., Rajbhandari, S.M., Reddy, P.N., Vileikyte, L., Bowling, F.L., Boulton, A.J.M. and Reeves, N.D. (2019). Innovative intelligent insole system reduces diabetic foot ulcer recurrence at plantar sites: a prospective, randomised, proof-of-concept study. The Lancet Digital Health, 1(6), pp.e308–e318.
- Alrdahe, S., Al Sadoun, H., Torbica, T., McKenzie, E.A., Bowling, F.L., Boulton, A.J.M. and Mace, K.A. (2019). Dysregulation of macrophage development and phenotype in diabetic human macrophages can be rescued by Hoxa3 protein transduction. PLOS ONE, [online] 14(10), p.e0223980.
- Fletcher, B., Hinton, L., McManus, R. and Rivero-Arias, O. (2019). Patient preferences for management of high blood pressure in the UK: a discrete choice experiment. British Journal of General Practice, p.bjgp19X705101.
- Grady, K., Gibson, M. and Bower, P. (2019). Can a ‘consent to contact’ community help research teams overcome barriers to recruitment? The development and impact of the ‘Research for the Future’ community. BMC Medical Research Methodology, 19(1).
- Hindi, A. (2019). An investigation into the awareness, demand and use of community pharmacy services for people with long-term conditions. [online].
- Perazzolo, M., Reeves, N.D., Bowling, F.L., Boulton, A.J.M., Raffi, M. and Marple‐Horvat, D.E. (2019). Altered accelerator pedal control in a driving simulator in people with diabetic peripheral neuropathy. Diabetic Medicine.
- Purewal, R. and Fisher, P.L. (2018). The contribution of illness perceptions and metacognitive beliefs to anxiety and depression in adults with diabetes. Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice, 136, pp.16–22.
- Reeves, N.D., Brown, S.J., Petrovic, M., Boulton, A.J.M. and Vileikyte, L. (2017). How Does Self-Perceived Unsteadiness Influence Balance and Gait in People With Diabetes? Preliminary Observations. Diabetes Care, 40(5), pp.e51–e52.
- Stevens, S.L. (2017). Improving cardiovascular risk prediction through more accurate and alternative methods of blood pressure measurement. [online] Ox.ac.uk.
- Stocks, S.J., Donnelly, A., Esmail, A., Beresford, J., Gamble, C., Luty, S., Deacon, R., Danczak, A., Mann, N., Townsend, D., Ashley, J., Bowie, P. and Campbell, S.M. (2018). Development and piloting of a survey to estimate the frequency and nature of potentially harmful preventable problems in primary care from a UK patient’s perspective. BMJ Open, 8(2), p.e017786.