Investigating whether a new portable self-management system can help people with diabetes manage their blood glucose levels, adhere to treatment plans and improve quality of life.
Actiste is a combined product and service that brings together a blood sampler, blood glucose meter and insulin pen in a connected smart device for daily diabetes care.
The study is being carried out by a team based at the Salford Care Organisation, part of the Northern Care Alliance NHS Foundation Trust, on behalf of Swedish health-tech company, Brighter.
- Aged 18+
- Registered with a Salford GP
- Diagnosed with type 1 or type 2 diabetes for more than six months
- Currently using Lantus (insulin glargine injection)
- Able to download and use a smartphone app
- Salford Care Organisation (part of Northern Care Alliance)
- Using the Actiste product and smartphone app for six months
- Attending several visits during the study period which will include a range of tests (eg blood glucose) as well as questions about lifestyle and treatment satisfaction.
- 15 June 2022