This study is testing the effectiveness of a new drug to prevent COVID-19.
It is being carried out in Greater Manchester by a team of researchers at Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust.
- aged 18-55
- No COVID-19 infection in the past 6 months
- No COVID-19 vaccination in the past 3 months
- No history of cancer/malignancy within the past 5 years
- Manchester Royal Infirmary (part of Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust)
Taking part will involve:
- Attending 11 clinic visits over a 12-month period
- The study drug will be given at one visit via intramuscular injection*
- Visits will include a range of tests (eg blood samples, heart and blood pressure checks) as well as questions about lifestyle and medical history
Participants will receive a payment of £50 for each onsite visit, plus reasonable travel expenses.
* Participants will be randomly selected to receive either the study drug or a placebo.
- 28 February 2023