The national PANORAMIC trial is testing new antiviral treatments that help those suffering with Covid-19 at home and in the community get better quicker and without needing to be treated in hospital.
All treatments in the PANORAMIC trial have been approved by the UK Medicines and Health Care Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) for use in the study.
You can join the study directly by filling out the screening form:
- Currently feel unwell with symptoms of COVID-19 which have started in the last 5 days
- Have had a positive PCR or lateral flow test for COVID-19
- Aged 50 or over
- OR, aged 18-49 with an underlying health condition
- Remotely (This means you can participate from home, with all packs posted directly to you from the trial team).
- Randomly selected to one of two groups:
- 1) to receive new antiviral treatments in addition to standard NHS care as normal
- 1) to receive standard NHS care as normal*
- Answering a few questions online each day for 28 days or receiving a phone call from the trial team on days 7, 14 and 28 to discuss your symptoms
- You will be contacted 3 and 6 months after you start the trial where a member of the team will discuss any long-term COVID-19 symptoms with you.
* Two different groups are needed to see if there is any difference in the health of those who received the antiviral treatment compared to those who didn’t
- 31 March 2023