The Antennae Project is looking to train ‘Peer Educators’ to help raise awareness and increase involvement in kidney research from Black and South Asian communities and poorer areas of Greater Manchester.
Full training will be provided, using the award-winning initiative from Kidney Research UK that has already proven to be effective in increasing representation of marginalised groups.
This project is a collaboration between Kidney Research UK, Research for the Future, and the renal department at Northern Care Alliance NHS Foundation Trust
- aged 18+
- a member of one of the target communities (see above)
- interested in promoting health research
- Salford, Oldham, and Rochdale
Taking part will involve:
- raising awareness of health research and opportunities to take part
- building links and maintaining networks within the target communities
- supporting people to find out more about research and encourage participation and involvement.
- 30 November 2023