The national PRINCIPLE trial is looking to find low-risk treatments that can be taken at home for people with COVID-19 symptoms.
- men and women aged 65+, OR
- men and women aged 18-64 and experiencing shortness of breath as part of COVID-19 illness, with symptoms within the past 14 days
- men and women aged 18-64 with underlying health conditions, with symptoms within the past 14 days
- You will either receive usual care, or usual care and a study drug which will be delivered from your GP, or directly from the research team.
- All study drugs are already widely used in the NHS and have been approved as safe for use in this study.
- The study will use a computer programme to decide by chance whether you get the drug or not.