This study wants to find out the best ways to support people with type 2 diabetes increase their everyday physical activity to improve their diabetes control, particularly in the months after diagnosis.
It is being carried out by a team of researchers Liverpool John Moores University
- aged 40-75 years old
- diagnosed with type 2 diabetes in the last two years
- treating your diabetes with only metformin or lifestyle modifications (diet and exercise)
- Use a smartphone
- Remote. This means that you will need to complete health measurements at home, choose a suitable place to exercise, and meet with researchers digitally (via Zoom).
- Taking part in a six-month physical activity programme, which you will co-design with an exercise specialist
- Completing three health questionnaires at home over a one-year period (including testing your blood glucose, cholesterol, blood pressure, and heart rate)
- Monitor physical activity for two weeks (equipment provided)
- Participants will receive a £5 Amazon voucher for each completed questionnaire (total £15 for all three questionnaires).