Diabetes & Falls: Does psychological distress predispose fall risk in patients with diabetes?
This study is looking at the importance of activity levels and mood on fear of falling in people with diabetes .
- Type 1 or type 2 diabetes
- Be aged between 40-80 years old
- Do not currently have a foot ulcer or foot amputation
- Not had a stroke or other brain injury
Manchester Metropolitan University, M1 5GD
- An initial clinic screening visit lasting up to two hours. This will include a vision test, test on the sensation (feeling) in your feet, being asked about your medical history and completing questionnaires about your mood and fear of falling
- Wearing a small activity monitor every day for 28 days and completing a short diary.
- A follow up clinic visit lasting approximately half an hour.